Begin your character creation by getting a character sheet: pdf
Before you start filling anything out, think about what kind of character you want to play. This usually ends up being your high concept. It’s probably best to start with your aspects, although you can fill out the sheet in any order.
- Choose the 5 base aspects.
- Each aspect should have a different scope from the other ones, so as to give depth to your character’s personality.
- At least some of the aspects should be interesting or unusual.
- They can be secret, so that other players do not know what they are.
- Make sure each aspect is approved by the GM.
- If you cannot decide on an aspect leave it blank and fill it in when you figure it out. The game will not break if they are all not filled out, it will just not be as full.
- Assign the following levels to the attributes in any order: 1,2,3
- Calculate the max stat point for each attribute (10 + (10*level))
- Assign the following levels to the approaches in any order: 1,1,1,2,2,3
- Players start with zero stunts, but they can be purchased for 1 refresh
- Make sure each stunt is approved by the GM and has the necessary reasoning and circumstances.
- Fill out the appropriate item list
- If your character uses magic at all, fill out a couple example spells in his or her spell book so that you can cast them readily without having to calculate the spell cost.