As the game progresses characters advance at points in the story called milestones. There are two types of milestones, minor and major.
Minor milestones signify the end of session or intermission. At each minor milestone the players:
- Refresh all fate points
- Switch out stunts for other stunts
- Purchase or sell stunts (1 refresh each)
- You can revert a moderate consequence
- Rename an aspect
Major milestones signify the end of a story arc. At the end of each major milestone the players:
- Gain all the benefits of a minor milestone
- You can revert a major consequence
- Gain an additional point of refresh, attribute, or approach, or an additional aspect
In addition to these, the GM is encouraged to provide loot at milestones.